Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution entails keeping and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting company. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's have a look at these. In that way, you can elect what you need, based on whether you'd like to create a site, email addresses, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by given file storage providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts frequently involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given stretch of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely inaccurate explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the tasks at hand between separate stacks of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you desire to share an immense number of pictures with friends or associates since the service is generally free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your e-mail aliases. Some firms offer webspace hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to own as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a website. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and email aliases, upload videos, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting services that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular web content solely.